Participation in a CCSSE administration comes with a variety of benefits. The base membership fee (the cost of one administration) includes the following services during the year of administration and reporting:
- Training and preparation resources—Campus Contacts receive access to training materials such as a procedure guide and orientation webinar, communication templates, and other resources.
- Sample selection—Center researchers review and draw a random sample from the college’s submitted Course Master Data File (CMDF).
- Survey administration materials—Along with the survey instruments, the Center sends to the college all the materials needed for a successful administration (e.g., pencils, survey packets, administrator scripts and instructions, pre-paid shipping labels, and return shipment boxes, etc.).
- Real-time assistance for Campus Contacts—A Center-assigned College Liaison is available by phone or e-mail to promptly answer all questions and resolve any issues.
- Data analyses—Once surveys are returned to the Center using pre-paid shipping labels and boxes, the Survey Operations team scans each survey individually; then Center researchers check, clean, and process the data.
- Reporting—The Center electronically releases survey results via the password-protected CCSSE online reporting system on or before July 31. Each participating college receives a key findings summary, all student and enrollment breakout reports in three formats (benchmarks, means, and frequencies), as well as custom reporting capabilities.
Membership continues beyond the first year with the following services:
- Online access to institutional survey data—Colleges have access to their CCSSE results as long as they remain active members in the rolling three-year cohort; therefore, colleges that participate at least once every three years will have continuous access to institutional reports from within the current cohort cycle.
- Opportunities to participate in institutes—The Center frequently invites member colleges with current survey data to bring cross-functional teams to multi-day institutes focused on data-driven discussion and action planning.
- Eligibility for customized workshops—Representative(s) from the Center can tailor and facilitate full- or half-day workshops aimed at helping college employees understand institutional survey data and use those data for improving student learning and retention.
- Free print copies of publications—National reports, special reports, and newsletters produced by the Center are available electronically to the public; however, higher volumes of print copies are reserved for member colleges.
- Special consultation and technical assistance—Call 512-471-6807 or send an e-mail to Center researchers at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. Note: The Center can provide only limited technical assistance by phone regarding use of standard statistical programs for data analysis or extensive additional analyses of the college’s Center survey data.